The season of giving is here! Do you have an individual with diabetes on your list, but are stumped on what to get them? Maybe you’re looking to treat yourself? Here is a list of 10 gift suggestions that are perfect for people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes!
1. Moisturizing lotions: While dry skin is not exclusive to those who have diabetes, it is often a complaint. To some, their skin feels drier and itchier when their blood sugars are high. To help combat dry skin, consider picking up some ultra-moisturizing lotion to keep looking and feeling hydrated during these cold months.
We recommend: Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion for Diabetic's Skin
2. Travel Cases: Specially designed to take insulin pens, test strip containers, lancets, and thermogels, organizers are an easy way to transport supplies. Just make sure your organizer comes with a cooling pack or pick one up separately!
We recommend: Myabetic.com
3. Cookbooks: By eating healthier, being more physically active, and losing weight, you can reduce your symptoms. Taking steps to prevent or control diabetes doesn’t mean living in deprivation; eating a tasty, balanced diet will also boost your energy and improve your mood.
4. Compression Socks: For some, by the end of the day, it is unbearable to walk due to pain. One way to help is to wear compression socks specifically made for those with diabetes. These socks aid with circulation and padding and cushion the nerves that have been damaged.
We recommend: Carolina Ultimate Non-Binding Diabetic Dress Crew Sock
5. Safety With Style: Medical alert jewelry is often necessary for people living with diabetes, but the options aren't always stylish. That's where Lauren's Hope comes in. Their customizable medical bracelets are crafted with beautiful engraving options for men, women, and children.
They also offer engraving for up to 5 conditions or allergies, making them ideal for people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions.
We recommend: Bracelet by Lauren’s Hope
6. Go Nuts: Nuts are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats and low in carbohydrates, making them a heart-healthy alternative to other snacks and sugary treats.
7. Foot Massager: Combining traditional wood craftsmanship & the wisdom of ancient foot reflexology principles, the unique TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager is simple yet surprisingly effective in soothing tired feet & relieving the symptoms of many feet ailments.
We recommend: Foot Massager
8. Invisible Pump Shorts: With this nifty short, the insulin pumps stay covertly and safely tucked against the body, while the infusion set is protected from getting ripped off.
We recommend: Insulin Belt
9. Motivation You Can Wear: Though these gadgets are popular in the non-diabetic community, for PWDs they offer an extra incentive to get moving which is important for managing blood sugar—especially with all of those treats around holiday time that tend to spike BGs (blood glucose).
10. Give the Gift of Energy: What better than tried and tested products from BenfoComplete?
We recommend: A Complete Daily Regimen
Please note: We are not paid to endorse any products.
BenfoComplete is a business based on the goal of living a better life. We aim tirelessly to spread the good news about the amazing effects of nutraceutical Benfotiamine.
Because Benfotiamine is a dietary supplement, the FDA only requires manufacturers and distributors to have credible evidence as to its safety. The FDA itself has not evaluated Benfotiamine for safety or effectiveness. Benfotiamine therefore cannot be represented to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For more information on this and related topics, please review our FAQs on Benfotiamine for more information. THE STATEMENTS MADE BY BENFOCOMPLETE HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA (U.S. FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION). OUR PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. BENFOTIAMINE.NET, INC. IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE STUDIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE. THE TESTIMONIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE INDIVIDUAL CASES AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL GET THE SAME RESULTS.